A series of wireless routers from Apple Inc, AirPort is a small but a powerful device that lets you easily configure an Internet access point. A variety of AirPort routers is useful for annexing AirPort-enabled computers to the Internet, a wired LAN, or other appliances. There are 5 common types of AirPort routers, including AirPort Express, AirPort Base Station, AirPort Extreme 802.11n, AirPort Extreme Base Station, and AirPort Time Capsule. As new routers with enriched features are being launched by Apple frequently, it is likely that you think of upgrading the latest router and replacing the previous one. Generally, you need to take a technical customer support for Apple airport router to do so. But following are some of the suggestions that will help you easily upgrade your Mac Airport without damaging Wi-Fi network.
So, let’s check what these suggestions are and how they can help you make things happen.
· First of all, you need to do is to plug in your new AirPort subsequently to your older router. Also make sure that you don’t move any wires as it can damage the settings badly.
· After the first step, you simply need to open Settings > Wi-Fi. Wait for some moments and find a new field showing option for setting up a new browser and choose a network.
· Once you are done with both of these steps, it is high time to move to the 3rd step that can let you upgrade the router easily. To do so, simply tap on the new AirPort browser to join it. Once you are connected, then it will by default help you to broaden your current network. Simply tap Other Options and then click on Next in order to take things ahead.
· Now, choose Replace an Existing router device.
· Select if the existing router belongs to Apple Mac AirPort or it is a non-Apple router. After this, simply press Next.
· Now move ahead and choose the Wi-Fi network being replaced by your AirPort and enter its password. Do the same if it is required.
· Once you are done with the last step, then your AirPort router will reproduce station’s settings. After this step, you will be able to switch over any Ethernet wires connected to the old router.
If things are not in your favor, then the best thing you can do is to look for an online expert support for Apple products and get adequate assistance to easily upgrade the router.
All mentioned-above steps are proven and are likely to help you easily and conveniently upgrade the existing version of Apple Airport router without putting any sort of harm to the network settings.